“One Spoonful” Tricks for Weight Loss
How Does Spice Affect Your Health
Some people say that losing weight is not so easy because it takes a lot of dedication and hard work to shed off those unwanted pounds. However, there are tricks for weight loss that you can follow with just “one spoonful” of spices. It may be hard to believe for many people, but there are certain spices that have the ability to trim down your excess fats and help keep your weight stable. Spices are packed with phytonutrients and antioxidants that can boost your health and fight off dangerous diseases before they can damage your body. Some of the healthiest spices include: Curry powder, Cayenne pepper, Cumin, Cinnamon, Oregano, Rosemary, Ginger, Nutmeg, Garlic.
In 2 minutes or less, you can get the diet plan that will turn your body into a fat burning machine.
Here is how some of these amazing spices can affect your health in a positive way:
- Chili peppers provide heart health, pain relief, stops ulcer, and fights prostate cancer.
- Cinnamon lowers cholesterol, keep your arteries healthy, and manage your blood sugar levels.
- Turmeric can reduce inflammation and arthritis.
- Parsley helps pass kidney stones, fight deafness, and prevent buildup in arteries.
- Oregano has antibacterial properties that fight infection.
- Garlic is antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral, and it also prevents blood clots from forming.
20 Spice Facts You Never Knew
Do you really know a lot about your favorite spices? Here are 20 spice facts that you never knew before.
- Saffron is one of the most expensive spices in the world. One bowl of Spanish saffron costs around $371. Saffron is expensive because it has to be harvested by hand. It is quite difficult to collect every thread of saffron by hand. Saffron comes from the stigma of the crocus sativus flower, and each crocus sativus only contains 3 to 5 stigma. So you will need to harvest hundreds of flowers just to come up with one gram of saffron. The good news is that you only need a few strands of saffron to infuse your dish with its strong flavor and color.
- The nutmeg tree produces two spices, the nutmeg, and mace. The nutmeg is the seed of the tree, while the mace is the reddish and lacy covering of the nutmeg seed. Both the spices have the same flavor, but the mace is slightly more pungent. Nutmeg was once considered as a very precious and exotic spice that the Dutch traded the entire island of Manhattan to the British in exchange for some islands that grew nutmeg.
- The curcumin found in Turmeric powder has the ability to fight the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. Studies found that curcumin can prevent memory loss and promote better brain health. This is the reason why Turmeric is a very powerful spice. It can even outperform other drugs that are meant for Alzheimer’s disease.
- The Scoville unit is used as a measurement for the chili’s heat. Wilbur Scoville created this unit of measurement, which relied on a panel of tasters to determine how much sugar water solution is needed to neutralize the heat of the chili. So what is the hottest chili to top the Scoville unit? This title belongs to the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Chili, which has 1.2 million Scoville heat units. It is like eating a habanero and ghost pepper at the same time. However, in 2013 this title of the hottest chili was stolen by the Carolina Reaper chili, which has 2.2 million Scoville heat units.
- The black garlic is a fermented Korean product that was associated with immortality by the Taoist mythology. This supernatural power of immortality is just a myth but it has a very rich flavor that can really to the taste of the meat, eggs, and dips. The black garlic has a milder flavor than its white counterpart. For some people, they are saying that the black garlic is like a savory version of a fig.
- Christopher Columbus was responsible for naming the Jamaican plant as pimento, but it became Allspice when it arrived in Europe. The change in name was attributed to the fact that it tastes like a combination of many spices, like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Allspice posses a unique flavor, which makes it a favorite spice for many types of dishes and baked desserts.
- Masala is not a seasoning. Some people think that masala is a seasoning but it literally translates to spice. When you say masala blend, it means that it contains any blend of spice. Chat Masala is a tart spice blend, while Garam Masala is composed of an earthy and warm blend of spices.
- What is the difference between a butcher’s rub and seasoning? The main difference is the particle size. Seasonings are much preferred if the dishes have a much shorter cooking time and the heat is less intense. The butcher’s rub is coarser, which prevents the seasonings from burning during the process of cooking.
- California Bay leaves and Turkish Bay leaves both come from the bay laurel plant, but they have distinctively different flavors because of the climate and atmosphere where they were planted. If you want the milder version, you should pick the Turkish Bay leaves. If you want the stronger version, your choice should be the California Bay leaves.
- The name of the Chinese Five Spice is not really based upon the number of spices or ingredients. It is called Five Spice because of its five flavors, which are bitter, sour, salty, pungent, and sweet.
- In the ancient times of the Romans and Greeks, it was believed that Basil will only grow if they scream and shout wild curses while sowing the seeds.
- Nutmeg is considered as psychotropic and it can cause hallucinations, delusions, and an impending sense of doom when it is taken in very high doses.
- Red peppers are very rich in vitamin C, and the paprika that is made from red peppers has more vitamin C than lemon juice. Paprika also has high levels of antioxidants so it is very much recommended for your health.
- Vanilla is considered as one of the most complex spices in the world despite its blandness. It is also the second most expensive spice, next to saffron.
- Fenugreek is recommended for nursing mothers because it promotes lactation. This type of spice also makes your sweat and urine smell like maple syrup.
- In ancient Rome, they use a cooking ingredient that they call “laser,” which came from the silphium plant. This type of plant does not exist today. They say that this spice was so delicious that it was harvested to extinction from its natural habitat, which is now Libya. Some experts speculated that this spice probably tastes like garlic.
- Garlic, tea tree oil, and yogurt are considered as successful remedies for vaginal yeast infections.
- During the bubonic plague, the doctors who wore beaklike masks were filled with aromatic herbs and spices such as cloves, mint, and rose petals because they believe that the air can spread the disease.
- The Cinnamon Challenge is very dangerous and should not be attempted by anyone. It has caused several people to be hospitalized and it can lead to long term damage to the lungs.
- The Trinidad Moruga Scorpion chili, which was considered as one of the hottest chili pepper in the world, can burn its way through protective latex gloves.
One Spoonful of Coconut Oil to Burn More Fat
If you want to lose weight, this is one spoonful that you should definitely try. A spoonful of coconut oil can burn those unwanted fats in your body, especially around the midsection or abdomen. Coconut oil is considered as a superfood because of the many health benefits it can provide. Coconut oil contains high levels of MCTs or medium-chain triglycerides that can increase energy expenditure compared to the same amount of calories from longer chain fats. It is rich in fatty acids that can help you feel full and increase your metabolism so you can burn more fat.
One study found that consuming 15 to 30 grams of MCTs each day can increase the 24-hour energy expenditure by 5%, which totals to about 130 calories per day. In another study, it was discovered that women with abdominal obesity can reduce their waistline in 12 weeks if they consume 30mL of coconut oil per day. The best way to consume coconut oil is to just get one spoonful and drink it.
A Spoonful of Apple Cider Vinegar for Craving Control
This is another spoonful that is great for controlling your weight. So why does apple cider vinegar work? It is a natural appetite suppressant and it is effective in making you feel less hungry. It also contains acetic acid which prevents the body from storing excess fat. By lessening your food cravings and preventing your body from storing fat, you are making a big leap on your journey towards weight loss.
Apple Cider Vinegar is also very helpful in preventing any blood sugar increase after eating a large meal. When the blood sugar is stable and at a normal level, it can stop you from binge eating. It is recommended to add 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of water every day.
One Spoonful of Lemon Juice for Vitamin C and Healthy Habits
Always start your day right by drinking a glass of warm lemon water in the morning. It gives you a healthy dose of vitamin C to boost your immune system and it also aids in your digestion. You can add lemon to your water throughout the day to help alkalinize your body. Just add one tablespoon of lemon juice to an 8 oz water to keep you healthier and stronger from colds, flu and other viral diseases. Other health benefits of one spoonful of lemon juice include: Boosts brain function, Keeps skin healthy, Keep your body hydrated, Helps lessen your morning cravings.
One Spoonful of Fish Oil for Better Blood Flow and Overall Health
It is recommended that you consume at least 1,000 mg of fish oil every day. You can either drink fish oil supplements that can be bought in drugstores or you can eat more fish, such as tuna, salmon, cod, and halibut. Aside from providing better blood flow, there are other health benefits you can get from fish oil: It can help lower the risk of cancer, reduce inflammation, It is very good in thickening your hair, It promotes healthier and glowing skin, very good for your heart health, Improves your digestion, It can help reduce joint pains. A study has found that consuming fish oil regularly can reduce your weight, especially belly fat. For better overall health, most experts recommend getting your daily supplement of fish oil.
One Spoonful of Matcha Green Tea Powder for Fat Burning
Many people don’t know much about matcha green tea and how good it is for the body, especially for fat burning and weight loss. This green tea powder has the ability to increase the body’s rate of burning calories from 35% to 43% of daily energy expenditure. All you need to do to increase your body’s fat burning capability is to add one spoonful of matcha green tea powder to a warm glass of water.
One Spoonful of Cayenne Pepper for Increased Metabolism
Increasing your metabolism is an effective way to burn your calories faster. Cayenne Pepper contains a lot of nutrients, including capsaicin, which is very powerful in burning fat from your body. Capsaicin is responsible for increasing your metabolism by heating up your body. Also, when you consume cayenne pepper, you can stop your cravings to eat more food. Just add one spoonful of cayenne pepper on any of your food so it can help suppress your appetite and increase your metabolism.
One Spoonful of Cinnamon for Better Blood Sugar Levels
Cinnamon is a popular spice all over the world because of its nice sweet flavor. You may think that since it has a sweet taste, it can spike up your blood sugar levels. On the contrary, cinnamon can actually regulate your blood sugar levels and it is also packed with essential minerals and vitamins that your body needs.
Cinnamon can aid in the treatment of diabetes because when it regulates the blood sugar, it keeps your energy levels steady and helps stop cravings caused by a sugar crash. In order to get your daily dose of cinnamon, you can add cinnamon powder to any food that goes well with it. Cinnamon is always a great ingredient for delicious smoothies. One popular drink mix for your weight loss is the combination of cinnamon and honey. Add one spoonful of each in a glass of warm water and mix together. You can drink this any time of the day to help in your weight loss.
One Spoonful of Ginger for Improved Metabolism & Digestion
Ginger is another very popular spice that has a lot of health benefits, including getting rid of body fats. Ginger is known for increasing metabolism to effectively burn those calories, leading to a much easier weight loss. When trying to lose weight, you have to make sure that you are losing fat and not water weight or muscle mass. Here are some of the health benefits of ginger: Prevents nausea, Reduce muscle pains and soreness after a workout, Treats indigestions. Naturally lowers blood sugar, Can lower the risk of cancer, Fights against Alzheimer’s disease, Can treat infections. You can add one spoonful of ginger to your favorite tea or soup to help improve your digestion.
One Spoonful of Dark Cacao Powder for Antioxidants
This is probably the easiest to take every day because dark cacao is chocolate. This is good news for people who have chocolate cravings. Dark cacao is very rich in antioxidants and nutrients. The difference between dark cacao and ordinary milk chocolate is that the dark cacao does not contain any sugar, which makes it much healthier to consume. You can take dark cacao in powder form and add one spoonful to your smoothie to give it a chocolate flavor. This can lessen your food cravings and give you the antioxidants your body needs to stay healthier. Or you can add your one spoonful of dark cacao powder to a glass of warm water for a nice and healthier chocolate drink. The polyphenols in dark cacao can have a positive impact on your digestion that can lead to a better functioning of your body and less stored body waste.
One Spoonful of Cumin Powder for 3X the Weight Loss
There was a study conducted to see whether cumin powder can have an effect on people who want to lose weight. There were two groups of women who were given the same weight loss program, but only one group was told to consume 3 grams of cumin every day. The group that was not taking cumin lost 4.91% of their body fat, which is a good result. The group that was taking the cumin lost a staggering 14.7% of body fat, which is three times as much as those who did not consume the cumin.
The reason behind this is because cumin has the ability to increase your body’s metabolism. When your metabolism rate increases, this means that more fat is being burned. You can add one spoonful of cumin powder to your favorite vegetable recipe to enjoy its health and weight loss benefits.
Here are other “One Spoonful” delights that you should definitely try to keep you in shape and give you tons of health benefits.
One Spoonful of Mashed Avocado
This amazing avocado is full of healthy fats that can actually help you burn fat rather than gain more fat. Avocado is also a great source of potassium, which is an important component when losing weight. If you want to easily digest the avocado, you can mash it and get a good amount of fiber to help you with your weight loss routine.
When starting with your weight loss, you should consume a minimum of 25 grams or up to 35 grams of fiber. You can start slowly at first, and then increase your fiber intake to make your weight loss regimen more effective. You can add one spoonful of mashed avocado to your smoothie, or top it on your salads. You can also use it as a garnish or snack in between meals. One Spoonful of Flaxseed
Flaxseed is effective in suppressing your appetite and keeping you satiated until your next meal. It also contains vital antioxidants and fiber that can aid in your weight loss routine. So if you are planning to shed off those extra pounds, just remember to include flaxseed in your daily diet.
Flaxseed is a great source of omega-3 to keep your body functioning properly. Most often, gaining weight is caused by nutrient deficiency, so your priority is to make up for this nutrient loss. You can consume flaxseed daily by including it in your daily meals. You can sprinkle flaxseed on top of your salad or add it to your soup dishes. If you want to boost the nutrition of your smoothie without changing its taste, you can put a healthy dose of flaxseed.
These amazing “One Spoonful” tricks for weight loss can be your safe and natural way to gaining a healthier body. These are all proven to work for many people and it can also work for you. All of these herbs and spices mentioned above contain high levels of nutrition that can really give you that extra push you need to shed off those unwanted fats. Also, you have to remember that there is no real shortcut to weight loss. You have to do your part by leading a healthy lifestyle, being active, exercise daily, and eat a balanced and nutritious diet.